Things to consider when scaling your business – blog by Roger Grona
Before getting ready to scale or build your business you must have a proper foundation. Not having the proper foundation will lead to major problems or even the downfall of your business. Here are a few things to consider….
- Have the right people around you! Make sure the people around you have full “buy-in” and are willing to go through your highs and lows in the growth strategy.
- Empower your people – this will help build a culture that is second to none.
- Lead, train and mentor – set the parameters of what the brand is built on. Have weekly, or bi-weekly consistent training, mentoring or one-on-one’s. Live by your mission statement!
- Have a culture of accountability and have a team that holds one another to a higher standard.
- Have a plan! Communicate that plan to your team and if the plan changes let the team know the plan has changed. Do your best to pivot or adjust while staying focused on the overall goal(s).
- Understand your product or service and the value your product or service brings to the market and your customers. Don’t lead your industry, dominate your industry!
- Asses on a regular basis. You can’t set and forget. When you are pushing with that much force to grow your business you better be working on continuously improving your business model. What works (processes) at one level of your business, does not work at the next level of your business. This includes roles and responsibilities.
- Have regular management meetings, not only work ”in” your business but “on“ your business. If you’re a solopreneur create a management team that you can bounce ideas off and give you constructive feedback.
You’re going to have highs and lows. Stay positive, believe in yourself, your people and your business.