Contract Project Management – Project Management Consulting – Firebird Business Consulting Ltd. – Sk
We consult with clients to achieve their project management and schedule compliance as part of an RFP or Tender process, or to assist in creating a manageable project plan. Our consultants are frequently asked to facilitate a project team through the definition phase of an actual project. This may cover the development of a project charter, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), logic diagram, and critical path schedule. It may also involve providing assistance in the development of an appropriate risk management plan, scope management plan, communication management plan, and other documentation for the project. During these sessions, Firebird Business Consultants will provide the right kind of project management to achieve the project goals.
Often times using a neutral third party to conduct the post-project review helps ensure that the review is done in a way that adds value to the business.
We will get to know your organization, analyze the areas of Project Management strength and weakness, and discuss the results of the analysis with you. Finally, we will put together a plan for how to move forward while providing as much or as little support as you need to get you where you want to be.
Purpose of Project Management
To foresee or predict as many dangers and problems as possible; and to plan, organise and control activities so that a project is completed as successfully. This may include team management, negotiation, organization, risk management, and communication.
What are the benefits of Project Management?
The main advantage of project management is that is helps you to manage your projects effectively, enabling you to resolve problems more quickly. These benefits will improve your chances of achieving your desired result. Specifically:
- Gain a fresh perspective on your project, and how it fits with your business strategy
- Ensure the efficient use of your resources.
- Obtain and set the scope, schedule and budget of the project.
- Help to stay on schedule while keeping costs and resources on budget
- Improve your productivity and the quality of work to a high standard
- Promote and encourage a consistent communication among staff, suppliers and clients
- Assist in satisfying the various needs of the project’s stakeholders
- Analyze and plan for potential risks.
- Construct a process plan for project success that can be repeated in future projects.
What can we do for you?
Project Planning and Control
- How to form a project team, scope projects and manage within a Matrix Environment
- Developing detailed and high-level project management plans
- Creating activity-based network diagrams and working with the critical path
- Earned Value Management
- Meeting stakeholder requirements with various control strategies
Leadership, Communication & Stakeholder Management
- Understanding the communication dynamics and your communication style
- Team development: Understanding yourself, stakeholders and team members
- Linking team life cycle stages with project communication needs
- The impact of change curve stages on your project team and stakeholders
- Building communication plans and templates
- Communication strategies for virtual teams
Effective Project Cost Management
- Cost estimating: Micro versus Macro
- Resource planning, budgeting and cost control
- Earned value concepts
- Fixed, variable and unit costs
- Status reporting
Project Quality Management
- Quality: Defined and measured
- How preventive quality action reduces project cost dramatically
- Reducing total cost of quality through problem-solving
- Overcoming obstacles to front-end planning and achieving results
Assessing and Managing Project Risk
- Risk management in project planning and execution
- Quantitative and team facilitation techniques to identify risks and responses
- Utilizing decision trees and expected monetary value
- Applying techniques such as Delphi method and Monte Carlo simulation
Procurement and Contracting Management
- Procurement and solicitation planning
- Solicitation and negotiation principles
- Source selection
- Contract close-out and contract law
Filling in the Gaps
Review of complex issues in scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communications and risk management.
Contract Project Management – Project Management Consulting – Firebird Business Consulting Ltd. Servicing – Saskatoon – Regina – Prince Albert – North Battleford – Humboldt – Saskatchewan – Canada